Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Life goes on and on and on...

Facts about my life lately because I've been too busy/tired to write posts:

1. There is a Baylor alum here working for a few weeks and every time we do a sic 'em together, my heart is SO happy!'

2. I had my birthday on the 6th! I was so happy when I got on the internet today and dozens of people had wished me happy birthday. I know that it is so hard to contact me/keep in touch/communicate with me at all out here, but it was incredible to see that so many people were still thinking about me :)

3. Walkabout threw a birthday party for me and the other two thirds of my baking club made me a delicious raspberry lemon cake. I thought that the party started an hour later than it really did, so I showed up a full 45 minutes late to my own birthday party. It's my party and I can be fashionably late if I want to...?

4. My bike rides are getting progressively longer, which makes bike-riding bonding time even more legit. I have had some of the best conversations here while on a bike ride. My recent buddy has been Heissel, who warms my heart each time we chat.

5. I might be heading to College Station for a day this weekend!!!

6. There was a wedding here this past weekend for one of the full-time staff members. I didn't get to see the wedding because I was cooking for the reception the entire time, but everything that I saw was beautiful. His new wife will be moving out here and I cannot wait to see another couple living out here. The marriages here are beautiful to see; they are such testaments to a Christ-centered union.

7. I have been busybusybusy. Retreat season is crazy, especially when we have classes and all kinds of various things in between.

I'm finally settling into life here and I couldn't be happier :)

No comments:

Post a Comment